Why choose Boots Hearingcare
Investing in you...
At Boots Hearingcare, we care about our colleagues and aim to build the best teams. That’s why we’re proud of the benefits we offer all our colleagues. Keep reading to find out more about what you’ll get as a Boots Hearingcare colleague…
Your core benefits
These benefits are available to every single one of our colleagues, whether you work in one of our stores or at our Support Office.
- Boots discount card – if you work for Boots Hearingcare, you’re entitled to the same staff discount as Boots colleagues. It’s one of the most generous staff discounts on the high street, meaning big savings on your toiletries, make up, Christmas gifts, glasses and more! This extends to a (second user) family member living at the same address.
- Service days – as well as great holiday entitlement from day one, we reward your loyalty by increasing your holiday entitlement the longer you work for us.
- Long service awards – when you stick around, we recognise your commitment, and give you a big reward for it!
- LifeWorks – Boots Hearingcare colleagues have access to the LifeWorks service, a confidential support network to offer help and advice about matters both in and out of work.
- Discounted Flu Vaccines – we support the health of our colleagues by providing access to a discounted annual flu jab via Boots Pharmacies for you and your designated family member (2nd user).
- Pension scheme – as you pay into your pension, we do too: so you know there’s something there waiting for you when retirement day comes!
- Permanent Health Insurance - Should find yourself unable to work for 12 weeks or more because of serious illness we want to support you in the best possible way.
- Life assurance – our life assurance scheme means your loved ones are provided for if the worst should ever happen.
To us, investing in the skills, knowledge and capability of our colleagues is key to our success.
Our approach is simple; welcome and engage new colleagues into our business so they understand how and why we operate in the way that we do, give every colleague the skills to be the best they can be in their role, whether they are a Hearing Aid Audiologist, Hearing Care Advisor, Contact Centre operative or any other role, and then support Continued Professional Development for everyone in every role.
We utilise not only the knowledge of our current colleagues through peer support, but also an online Academy with a suite of resources tailored to every need.
Developing Your Career
We know that if you work in a specialist role, you’ve chosen that role for a reason – you want to make a difference, and our mission statement of restoring peoples worlds reflect that.
We want everyone in Boots Hearingcare to feel that they can develop their career, by deepening their expertise, broadening their scope of responsibility or developing their leadership of others.
We run internal development schemes to support this and utilise our Audiologists to peer mentor colleagues and encourage on the job learning. We have an in house Foundation Degree programme and we offer a comprehensive package for those newly Graduated Hearing Aid Audiologists.
Every role in our business is intrinsic to our success, we employ over 600 colleagues across the UK and Ireland and invest in all of them.