Another great home remedy for an ear infection is doing neck exercises. Because some ear infections are exacerbated by pressure in the ear canal, relieving this is crucial to keeping symptoms at bay. And given the connection between neck, jaw, and ear muscles, you’re almost sure to notice an improvement from the infection with some light workouts.
Neck rotations should be performed with the following steps in mind:
- Sit up straight while ensuring both feet remain flat
- Rotate your neck and head one way until parallel with your shoulder
- Rotate the other way, until parallel with your other shoulder
- Raise shoulders high, as if trying to cover your ears
- Move slow, hold gently, stretching to the count of five, then relax
- Repeat at regular intervals throughout the day for optimal effectiveness
Just remember not to strain too hard while rotating your neck. If you feel like you’re overdoing it, take a break.