Because hearing loss can happen gradually, it’s not unusual for people to be living with symptoms for some time. Bearing this in mind, then, you should get clued up on the most common signs of hearing loss to prevent any unnecessary suffering for you and your loved ones.
Things to look out for include:
- Difficulty hearing other people clearly
- Trouble hearing whilst on the phone
- Misunderstanding what is being said, especially in noisy places
- Asking people to repeat themselves
- Turning up the TV volume too loud for others
- Withdrawal from conversations
- A reluctance to socialise
If you notice any of these or have worries about unusual changes, make an appointment to see your doctor immediately.