Should I have a hearing test?
Because hearing loss is so gradual, it’s not always easy to notice if you do not hear as well as you used to. Here are some signs you can look out for:
- The TV is too loud for other members of your family
- You find it difficult to keep up with conversations when there’s background noise
- Chatting on the phone is tricky, even when the room is quiet
- You feel like people are mumbling a lot, and you have to ask them to repeat what they’ve said.
- Often it’s your loved ones who notice a hearing loss before you do – so they might hint when they notice you are finding it difficult to hear.
If you notice a sudden hearing loss or a loss that impacts one side significantly more or fluctuates. We recommend seeking medical advice before a hearing assessment.
Hearing loss affects one in six people in the UK. If you’re over 50, we recommend having a hearing check every two years to keep an eye on your hearing.
At Boots Hearingcare, they’re completely free and take 15 minutes – Book your appointment now.