Ear pain treatment
Earaches can be debilitating and treating them quickly if symptoms do escalate is crucial, so make sure you know your options.
- A few effective treatments for earache are:
- Managing pain with medication and/or drops
- Antibiotic therapy
- Ear tubes
Most of the time, ear pain will go away without sufferers needing any treatment at all, but if it doesn’t fade or there are other, more serious symptoms, you should visit your doctor or a local ENT (ear, nose and throat) specialist asap.
Thankfully, earaches almost always clear up on their own and don’t require medication. Even so, a hearing health care professional could recommend over-the-counter or prescription ear drops to:
- Remove wax that may have accumulated in the ear canals
- Reduce inflammation and swelling
- Stop the growth of any bacteria brought on by infection
If you have persistent ear pain, drops can provide long-lasting relief. Just make sure you get the OK from your doctor before using them.