Boots Hearingcare has a long history of offering a route to a career in Audiology. Our accredited qualification in Hearing Aid Dispensing allows individuals to practice in clinics as those who enter the industry from a traditional university route do. You will earn as you learn and avoid the usual fees associated with a University Course.
The course is a work based programme and fully accredited entitles you to register with the HCPC, the UK’s governing body which allows you to practice as a as a Hearing Aid Dispenser.
The majority of the programme is on the job learning supported by classroom and home study activities, all of which you are paid for. Initially your role will involve a placement in a store based role to give you a basic grounding in Audiology and enable you to work in a supporting role to an audiologist. As you progress through the course you will be trained in more clinically advanced tasks before graduating into a Hearing Aid Dispenser, culminating in you running your own appointment diaries in clinic.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be automatically enrolled onto our development programme which will support your ongoing professional development and provide structured pay increases.
You will have support throughout your study from our Audiology Learning and Development Team who have a great track record of training our clinical team.
Expectations of the course:
- The course is part of a full time employment with Boots Hearingcare which will include some weekend working.
- You will be able to use some working time for study time, but the expectation is that you will also study outside of these hours to achieve your qualification.
- You must have a GCSE grade C/5 (or equivalent Scottish National or Functional Skills) in Maths and Science. Even if you have since achieved higher level qualification in another subject you will be asked to meet this basic entry level in Maths and English.
- A background in customer services, sales, healthcare or similar. For example experience as a Hearing Care Advisor, Branch Co-ordinator, Optical Assistant, Pharmacy Assistant, or even within recruitment, retail or real estate.
- A genuine care for people and taking accountability for your recommendations.
- Able to attend one of our assessment days.
- The course is also open to recent Graduates from degrees which don’t already allow them to practice audiology.
Expectations once qualified
We ask that you stay with the company for two years following your qualification. As we would have trained you, covered your training costs and salary while you study, we feel this is fair. Should you choose to leave before that time, you will need to reimburse these costs on a sliding scale.
What are the benefits to you?
- You will be responsible for restoring people’s worlds. It really is one of the most rewarding jobs in the world.
- Audiology is a profession in huge demand with the pay, benefits and progression you would expect from being a professional clinician.
- Post qualification, our development programme will reward you with increased grade and pay year on year until you reach an established and experienced professional grade.
- You will work for a leading provider of hearing care within the UK, a respected brand with some of the best professional standards in the industry.
- Paid salary, plus Car allowance* and access to Boots Hearingcare company benefits including the Boots staff discount card.
- On Target Earnings in year 1 post qualification of £29,667 plus benefits.
How do apply?
Send an email to email@example.com and we will let you know when our next selection days will be held.