If you can't see a role in your area we still want to hear from you. If you’re passionate about helping people and are interested in developing a career in audiology and hearing care, with one of the UK’s leading hearing care providers, we want to hear from you. Full training will be provided.
Boots Hearingcare is welcoming applications nationwide. You should have a driving licence and access to a car as you will work across a number of stores in your area. Specific locations of stores and vacancies will be released on our website over the course of the year. In the meantime please send your details to email@example.com to register your interest in our HHP roles. We will add your name to our list and update you as soon as locations and dates are released.
What will this role of Hearing Health Practitioner entail?
You’ll be supporting a team of qualified Audiologists and be responsible for a wide range of tasks with delivery of the highest level of customer service at the forefront whilst keeping a focus on the store KPIs.
Your performance will be well rewarded with support and training, and for those who are not yet qualified; you will start your career with in a training programme, gaining a qualification in audiology; or if already qualified we’ll support and train you to enable you to develop your scope of practice as required.
Your duties will include, although will not be limited to:
What will I need to be considered for this Hearing Health Practitioner vacancy?
- Performing a variety of hearing related tests
- Carrying out clinical hearing care tasks such as otoscopy and wax removal
- Assisting customers with basic hearing aid cleaning / maintenance and minor adjustments to fine tune hearing aids as necessary
- Providing advice on ear care and noise protection products
- Providing customers with general information regarding rehabilitation, and personalised advice as determined by the Hearing Aid Audiologist
- Providing first class customer service in person, by phone and email
- Managing the store diary and keeping it busy with appropriate appointments
- Promoting Hearing Health Check appointments and sundry sales in-store
- Processing orders for new and repaired hearing aids and liaising with suppliers
- Willing to become knowledgeable about hearing health related issues and care pathways.
- Experience of working in a healthcare, retail or customer services role.
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills.
- Empathetic and supportive outlook towards customers
- Ability to be discreet and show the utmost respect for the privacy of customers
- Self-motivation with ability to work under supervision, as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- IT literacy with the ability to learn and adapt to various systems
- Willingness to travel between stores, and attend our Training Academy in Birmingham (which includes overnight stays during your training period).
- Full UK driving licence and access to a car is a necessity.
What will I receive in return?
Competitive salary and reward package including bonus, benefits, and car allowance where applicable.
Attractive perks include our support team bonus, Boots discount card, pension scheme, life assurance cover, staff uniform, long service awards, and annual leave entitlement starting at 20 days rising with length of service increments to a maximum of 30 days plus bank holidays.
You will be employed on a permanent contract working 37.5 hours per week, days and hours of work to be agreed depending upon locations. Flexibility to work hours according to business needs including weekends would be advantageous.
Due to the nature of the business successful applicants will be subject to a satisfactory DBS Check.
All applications for this Hearting Health Practitioner role are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.